Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nu Art (3 of 3)


INSPIRATION

I am a part-time DJ and in my spare time while making art, I am sometimes influenced by different ideas that I have while DJing. This piece is a good demonstration of what DJing feels like to me when I do it live, in front of an audience. 

MECHANICS

I was having a rough time getting used to the patch tool so I instead started working with the clone stamp tool to recreate portions of the city (Seattle, WA). I made sure that it was authentic looking enough to where I could successfully display a DJ setup over the view of this city at sunset.

AESTHETICS

For aesthetic purposes I decided that the color of the setup have blue undertones to establish the cool blue mood. I next made sure that as the viewer looked at the city below the DJ setup, that there was no distracting parts or anything drawing attention from the entire image, 4 corners, center and all

MUSIC

Music Recommendations:

Moondog- Frog Bog

Miles Davis- Move

Yesterday's new Quintet- The One Who Knows

Herbie Hancock- Sly

Moondog- Surf Session


PEACE.

.

No comments:

The Real Frequency

25 Ways To Die